Ahhhh the start of a New Year. The perfect time to tackle those goals, resolutions and plans you’ve had for so long. If you made a resolution to get fit, be healthier or eat better you’re NOT alone. These are always at the top of everyone’s list! While staying fit is a lifestyle for me I know that is not the case for everyone. SO – I’m sharing my top 10 tips on how YOU can achieve your fitness goals in 2018! It’s not as hard as you think and with some small changes you can make the progress you’ve been hoping for. Here are my tips to achieve your fitness goals and start the year fresh!
My Top 10 Tips To Achieve Your Fitness Goals in 2018
- Be patient. If you haven’t worked out in months or years (or have never worked out) you need to realize that your body takes time to change. Making your workouts gradually harder will help you see results and achieve your fitness goals.
- Adjust your eating habits. You cannot out-train a bad diet. I’ll give you an example – My workouts in the off-season are NO harder than they are when I’m prepping. The difference? My DIET. Yep – that’s how much it matters. Stick to lean meats and protein, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Plan ahead. What’s that saying? If you fail to plan you plan to fail? It’s true. I always suggest meal prepping. Most people find they eat well but when they come into a situation where they don’t have access to healthy food (or are in a rush) they grab whatever is available. This will only cost you constant setbacks. Cook a few times a week and prepare enough that you can portion out meals for the following few days. Store it where it is easily accessible so when you have one of those run-out-the door moments it’s not going to ruin your mojo!
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable. If you don’t feel like you’re pushing yourself then you need to work harder. Great results don’t come from moderate input. I’m not saying you need to be in utter pain after your workouts but you should be able to feel like you worked your muscles to the point of exhaustion.
- Buddy Up. I personally do not workout with anyone. However, some people need that motivation and perform better while having a workout partner. There are so many activities you can do with a partner – hit the gym , take a class, go hiking, box, track workouts, etc.
- Drink enough water. This is so important to reach your fitness goals. Did you know that thirst often triggers hunger signals? If you deprive yourself of water you may overeat when in reality you’re just dehydrated! This is only one of the many benefits of getting enough water. You can read more here.
- Get enough sleep. Your body needs it to function at optimal levels. The last thing you want to do is attempt a heavy workout when you only got 5 hours of sleep. I recommend 8-10 hours!
- Be realistic. Results take time. If you’ve never worked out you’re not going to wake up after going to the gym for a week and have abs. You need to consistently work each muscle group to see results. Growing Muscle takes time.
- Be consistent. Try to follow a schedule. It’s ok if something changes – just be conscious of it. If you plan to workout on Saturdays but realize that when every Saturday rolls around you end up skipping for one reason or another then consider switching that to a different day.
- Don’t get discouraged if you hit a plateau. It’s highly likely that it WILL happen. Sometimes a simple change is all you need. Been walking on the treadmill? Try sprints uphill. Doing steady state cardio on the elliptical? Try intervals on the rower.
I hope you find these tips helpful to reach your fitness goals this year. If you have any questions whether fitness related or not, feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email at email@example.com.
Looking for tips on how to Grow A Bigger Booty? Check here.