I’ve been wanting to share these UH-MAZING spring makeup 2018 products for over a week now but I’ve been so busy! I’m finally ready to share ALL my new favorites with you and I promise – they’re so good!!
*This post contains affiliate links which means I may make a commission if you make a purchase, at no extra cost to you.
If you’re an amateur when it comes to makeup I swear these products will be your new bff. I love makeup. I love putting it on. I love how it makes me feel. BUT – I don’t know wtf I’m doing LMAO. I think over the years I’ve just gotten better at figuring out what colors work best on my skin but in terms of actually applying it properly I generally just wing it and hope for the best.
SO – if you’re anything like me then I promise, these products are SO EASY to use!
If you read my recent post on melasma you know that I purchased several of these products because they helped to cover it. This is my third pregnancy and my third time getting melasma. If you don’t know what melasma is it’s basically just a darkening/spotting of the skin on your face that generally occurs during pregnancy. I don’t wear makeup everyday but for those times when I want to cover it up I knew I needed some better products.
I had some help when picking out these spring makeup 2018 products and I have to say I am so in love with each and every one, not just the products to help cover my melasma. The contour kit in particular is really great if you’re not super experienced with application.
Spring Makeup 2018
Here is exactly what I bought:
- Too Faced Born This Way Medium-To-Full Coverage Foundation – It’s oil-free and buildable, which is exactly what I was looking for. I got it in the color “warm beige” because I plan to only use it when I use my self tanning mist and/or throughout the summer when I’m a bit darker.
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid in DEEP PEACH. This color helps to really cover the dark spots on my forehead & cheeks. I blend it in but not too much so that it is completely faded. I then put the foundation over top and a small amount of concealer if needed.
- Too Faced Born This Way Naturally Radiant Concealer – I also got this in warm beige and find that it goes on really smooth and doesn’t crease throughout the day.
- Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Palette – I LOVE the colors in this palette. I mix the contour and bronze together to contour and the color comes out perfect every time.
- Smashbox & Vlada Petal Metal Highlighter in GILDED ROSE– This is probably my favorite highlighter I’ve ever owned. I often find them too be way too white or hardly show at all. This one is more of a rose gold and it’s super creamy and blendable.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in RISQUE – Another neutral that would work well on so many skin tones.
- The Cali Contour Brush Set – In this set is an angled powder brush, blush brush and highlighting brush. The angled contour brush is my favorite because it makes applying contour SO EASY!
- Smashbox Full Coverage Foundation Brush – This brush has synthetic fibers and is so easy to control. I put my foundation right on the bristles and it blends in evenly and smoothly.
Since I had pretty hefty purchase they also threw in some freebies. I haven’t tried them all yet but one that I have been using daily is the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. It definitely seems to give my lashes some volume and length.
I’m also still loving some of my tried and true favorites that I have been using for YEARS….
Spring Makeup 2018 Oldies But Goodies
The first is the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder in the NATURAL finish. This stuff seriously goes on like butter. It’s super smooth and light which I love – especially during the summer months. I don’t use a setting spray because I find that I don’t really need it when I put this on. I know it might seem pricey for a powder but I swear by it. You don’t need a lot because it is so light and glides over your skin so easily. I’ve honestly had mine for probably longer then you’re suppose to keep your makeup but I still have about 3/4 of the container so I can’t bring myself to throw it out and buy a new one lol.
The second is Loreal Paris Magic Perfecting Base. It doesn’t leave my skin feeling clogged or oily and it helps to keep my makeup in place for hours. Plus it’s less then $11 so it’s super affordable.
Last is the Tinted Self-Tanning Body Mist. I literally buy these in bulk when they go on sale. Not that you need to anyway since it’s only $18. I love it because the color is so natural and there’s NO streaking, NO staining and it’s made with NO Parabens, Sulfates or Phthalates.
Do you have any new spring makeup 2018 products that you’re loving?
Now onto the Trend Spin Link Up!
This dress is actually non-maternity, under $50 and so soft! I love the off the shoulder style and the side slit that gives it a little sass even though it’s a longer length. I know the weather is getting warmer in most places but around here I can still wear this out for date night since it often gets chilly at night.
This bag is one of my closet staples (and here’s a similar cheaper version). It goes with pretty much everything and has a front turn-key closure. I’m a big fan of bags that can be closed securely because I’m forever throwing my bag in the backseat of the car, leaving it on tables in public, etc.
My sunglasses were a steal and under $15. They just sold out but replaced them with a similar pair under $13. One thing I hardly ever spend a lot of money on is sunglasses. Since I’m always on the go (and usually chasing toddlers) scratching or losing my sunglasses is the last thing I want to worry about.
These stilettos might take some getting use to but I promise once you do have it down you’ll love them! They can be worn with jeans, dresses, skirts – pretty much anything! I love pairing them with jeans and a tee to spice up an otherwise casual outfit! Not to mention the style is so popular you can find them at pretty much any price point. If you can’t bear the skinny stiletto I’ve also linked a pair with more of a blocked heel (I have them and love them!), a pair that are aren’t as high of a heel PLUS a pair that’s on sale UNDER $50!
Add your link below and make sure to follow the theme for your chance to be featured.
Looking for more beauty posts? Check here.
Looking for more fashion posts? Check here.
Share this Spring Makeup 2018 on Pinterest via the image below!