*This post is sponsored but as always all opinions are my own.
Happy Sunday friends! Today I’m sharing my top 10 tips to see results in the gym as well as my current Zaful Wishlist. I’ve never shopped from Zaful before but I’ve had my eyes on some really cute workout items.
I love finding new places for workout apparel. Pants are especially fun to shop for nowadays with all the fun cutouts, mesh paneling & HIGH-WAISTS! Something else they also tend to come with? High prices. While I don’t mind spending money on good quality items I just prefer (as I’m sure most do) to not HAVE to.
When I checked out the fitness apparel on Zaful.com I knew I wanted to at least try the leggings. They have so many to choose from and even have sets with matching sports bras! LOVE!
I added a few things to my cart so I wanted to share them with you in case you’re on the hunt for some new cute gym gear!I’m a sucker for any workout gear that is black or white and the fact that these come with matching sports bras has me all sorts of excited lol. I read the reviews and they seem pretty good so I’m going to give these a try! I’ll be sharing my thoughts once I receive them either in a new blog post or over on instagram. If you want to check them out you can find the black set here and the white set here.
Top 7 Tips to See Results In The Gym
Now for some Fitness Tips! Last week I shared my “Top 5 Tips On How To Get A Bigger Booty” which is probably my most asked question. The next question most people seem to have for me is “How do I lose fat and gain muscle?”.
There are several answers to this because no ONE thing is going to do that for you. It’s a combination of things that you need to incorporate into your day to day life. So when I say “Top 10 tips for seeing results in the gym” losing fat while gaining muscle are the results we are looking to attain in the discussion below
- Cut back on the cardio. Yep, I said it. Believe it or not I used to be a cardio bunny. I would run for miles and miles and wonder why my body wasn’t changing. If having the body of a runner is what you want then by all means keep running. However, if you’re looking to pack on some muscle you’re likely going to have to step away from the treadmill (or pavement). Try adding in some HIIT into your upper body days instead of doing steady-state cardio.
- Increase your Intensity. Did you die? No. Are you uncomfortable? Yes. If your answer is no then you’re not walking hard enough. Working out should not be a walk in the park. You need to push yourself if you want to see results. If you don’t see changes week after week of doing the same thing then you need to work harder and you need to…..
- Change it up. There is a reason people say “don’t expect to see a change if you don’t make one”. It’s really pretty simple. Doing the same thing day in and day out at the gym? Well then so are your muscles. Always doing 3 sets of 10? Try 4 sets of 12 or 15. Always doing single exercises? Try supersets.
- Lift heavier. Every week try adding small amounts of weight to your norm. You’d be surprised how much of a burn you can get from just adding a few pounds. You’re never going to get the muscles you want without putting in the work.
- Eat enough. It’s common for people to think that they need to severely restrict their calorie intake when trying to lose weight. It’s true that you need to be in a deficit for weight loss but if you’re trying to put on muscle you need to eat ENOUGH. Your muscles CAN NOT grow if you don’t. Instead of constantly restricting yourself try simple swaps like whole wheat toast for white and sweet potatoes for your pasta. You’d be surprised at how quickly simple changes like these can change your body.
- Drink enough water. Water helps to ward off cravings. That should be reason enough to drink it throughout the day. In a world full of more junk options then healthy options it is entirely too easy to go for the chips then the apple. Which leads me to my next tip…
- Plan your meals. If you fail to plan you plan to fail. I’m not saying that all meals need to be the same and you have to eat every meal at a certain time every day. What I am saying is plan your food so that you have it for when hunger strikes. When we run late or are constantly on the go is when we tend to grab for the junk. When you already have your meals prepared it’s as simple as opening up the fridge and grabbing a healthy meal that is already waiting for you. I like to cook in batches and portion off my meals so that I don’t have to worry about cooking every day during the week.
These are just a few simple tips to get you on the path of seeing results in the gym. Applying these with an overall healthy lifestyle is a great start to get you where you want to be.
As always if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email or a message!