Happy Monday! With all the exciting new we shared on Friday I don’t think a weekly workout will top it but I’ll try 🙂 (If you didn’t hear the news – I’m pregnant! I mentioned on instagram this weekend how I haven’t been feeling well. While my workouts haven’t really suffered from it, my diet has. And we all know that reaching fitness goals heavily depends on a great diet. I just hit my second trimester so I’m hoping that now I can get back on track eating well and start to feel better again!
Before I get into this weekly workout I want to mention that yes, I am still doing grueling workouts 5-6 days a week while pregnant. However, my body is perfectly capable of doing so. Obviously, I am not a Doctor but I have had 2 children already and have always been told it is absolutely ok to continue what I’ve ALREADY been doing (but I do have to modify at some point). Sometime this week I plan to do a post on tips for working out while pregnant so be sure to stay on the lookout if you’re pregnant or plan on becoming pregnant anytime soon!
This week I’m also sharing 5 of my absolute MUST-HAVE fitness accessories. While I do all my workouts in the gym I still bring some of my own accessories. Sometimes the best workouts include the smallest pieces of equipment.
Here are my top 5 must haves:
- Jump Rope. I use my jump rope several times a week and aside from sprinting it gives me the best sweat! It has SO MANY BENEFITS even from just incorporating a few minutes into your workout.
- Resistance Bands. Resistance bands can be used to exercise pretty much any muscle group. They come in a variety of resistance options as well as styles (flat bands, tubes). My personal favorites are the Booty Bands By X-Bands. Event the lightest resistance will give you a great burn when used properly.
- Stability Ball. Another accessory that can be used to work so many muscle groups. I love it for abs but also for working core while focusing on other body parts (ex: sitting on a stability ball while performing bicep curls). You can buy a stability ball pretty much anywhere but no surprise I always get mine from Amazon. This one is my most recent purchase and it has held up well (I use it with client’s weekly).
- Gliders: Talk about a burn. These babies will fire up your core FAST. I love that there are 2 sides making them easy to use on just about any surface. They’re perfect for workouts on the go (think hotel rooms) because they’re compact and lightweight AND you can get a great full-body workout in with them in little time.
- Bosu : Another piece of equipment that allows you to get in a full body workout with minimal extras. While it’s the most expensive item on this list it’s definitely worth the investment. It can be used for so many different workouts (HIIT, Abs, Cardio, Core, Shoulders, etc.)
Now for your weekly workout…
Monday: Take a Full Body Class
Tuesday: Legs(Holding a dumbell in front standing facing a bench) Straight Legged Deadlift into deep squat into step up right leg then left leg (15 reps) : 3 Sets
Single Leg Get-Up (6-10 reps) Superset Jump Squat (15-20 reps) : 4 Sets
Around the World Lunge (front, side, back) (8 reps), switch sides & repeat : 4 Sets
Hip Thrust (8-10 reps) Superset Stability Pall Hamstring Pull-In (15-20 reps) : 4 Sets
Arnold Press (10-12 reps) /Hanging Leg Raises (AMRAP) /Jump Rope 1 minute : 4 Sets
Incline Bench Reverse Front Raise (10-12 reps) / Incline Bench Reverse Lateral Raise / 1 minute mountain climbers : 4 Sets
Behind the Neck Press (10-12 reps) / Hanging Oblique Raises (AMRAP) / 1 minute jump rope : 4 Sets
Straightbar Overhead Extensions (20 reps) / diamond pushups / 1 minute jumping jacks : 4 Sets (Drop Extensions to 15, then 12, then 10 then go 10 more with a lighter weight on last one)
Cable Rope Kickbacks (10-12 reps) / Single Arm High Pulley Cable Arm Extension (20 reps) / 1 minute jumping jacks
Standing Overhead Cable Crunch (AMRAP) / Kneeling Cable Crunch (AMRAP) : 4 Sets
Thursday : Rest
Friday : Back/Biceps/Stair Intervals
Single Arm Cable Lat Pulldown (10-12 reps) : 4 Sets
(Seated on Stability Ball) Single Arm Cable Row : 4 Sets
Burpee to Pull up (10 reps) : 4 Sets
E-Z Bar Curl (AMRAP) Superset Squatting Double Arm Concentration Curl (AMRAP) : 4 Sets
Side Curl (AMRAP) Superset Reverse Incline Curl (AMRAP) : 4 Sets
Hammer Curl (AMRAP) Superset Reverse Curl (AMRAP) : 3 Sets
Kneeling Squats w/ band and barbell (20 reps) : 4 Sets
Smith Machine jump squats in/out (8-10 reps) : 4 Sets
Smith Machine Butt to Floor Squats (8-10 reps) Superset Squat pulse (20 reps) : 4 Sets
Prone Decline Bench Banded Leg Raises ( 20 reps) Superset Squat/Jump w/ heel claps (20 reps) : 4 Sets
Sunday : Rest
As always if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment or send me an email at email@example.com.
Looking for another weekly workout? Check here.
Interested in a custom workout? Send me an email at fitmommyinheels.com