Summer is in full swing but before we know it the kids will be heading back to school/daycare. School is great for them to learn, socialize and grow in so many ways, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t loathe all the illnesses they bring home. It’s not always easy to keep kids healthy during the school year so here are 5 simple tips to help do so.
5 Tips To Keep Kids Healthy During The School Year
- Wash, Wash, Wash. I know it’s the easiest rule in the book but washing hands regularly really helps to keep germs at bay. Since young children share supplies, tables, etc. all day long they’re bound to come in contact with germs. The CDC recommends washing hands for 20 seconds to kill germs. I make this easier for the kids by reminding them to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice and then they’re done!
- Eat A Well Balanced Diet. You are what you eat. Getting the proper nutrition not only improves your mood but can also help to fight illnesses. Try to incorporate immune-boosting foods into their snacks and lunches as much as possible. Think broccoli, oranges, yogurt, almonds, etc.
- Get Enough Sleep. Kids who don’t get enough sleep tend to be irritable, unmotivated and have trouble learning. It prevents them from being able to fight off infection and increases their risk of respiratory infection. With our kids coming across germs all day long it’s important for their bodies to be strong enough to ward them off.
- Treat Illness The Right Way. With so many medicines these days it’s often hard to know what product to use and which, if any, have little to no side effects. Homeopathic remedies such as ColdCalm® by Boiron® can help temporarily relieve symptoms of a cold such as sneezing, runny nose, and nasal congestion. They also do so with no known drug interactions.*
- Exercise. We all know exercise prevents obesity and releases energy, but did you know it can help ward off illness? Yep! Even more of a reason to get the kids off the i-pads and out into the yard! Even just a half hour of outdoor play can greatly benefit young children.
Keeps Kids Healthy – Why Choose Boiron Cold Calm®?
- Suitable for children 6 months and up.
- Free of sugar, lactose or flavors.
- Pre-measured single-use doses provides a stress-free solution.
- No need for preservatives because of the single-use dosage (major bonus) and one of the main reasons I love Boiron products. Our kids (like most) don’t like many medicines because of the flavor.
- No known drug interactions.
Overall, we need to be eating the right foods, practicing good personal hygiene, exercising and putting the absolute best products into our bodies in order to stay healthy. But if my little ones come down with a cold after all that, I trust ColdCalm® to help alleviate even the worst symptoms.*
And I saved the best for last – A Boiron® Baby Bag Giveaway! Enter for your chance to win a bag full of Boiron® Goodies now through August 12th. Open to US participants only.
Boiron® Baby Bag Giveaway
Giveaway is sponsored by Boiron. This giveaway is in no way associated with Instagram, Facebook or Twitter. Boiron is responsible for fulfillment of all prizes awarded. Void where prohibited.
This “5 Tips To Keep Kids Healthy During The School Year” post is sponsored by Boiron® and PTPA. As always, all opinions are my own.
*Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence. Not FDA evaluated.
Share this “5 Tips To Keep Kids Healthy During The School Year” post on Pinterest via the image below.