This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Dial2in1 #DialCompletesUs #2in1 #CollectiveBias
With spring in full swing and summer around the corner I’m starting to plan some kids outdoor activities so I don’t pull my hair out by July 1 🙂 It’s always nice to finally get outside after being cooped up in the house for months. I don’t know about you but being stuck inside with the kids makes me go a little nutty after awhile.
I put together this list of some fun kids outdoor activities you can do as a family coupled with some simple things the kids can do outside on their own. Followed by our easy-peasy end of day clean up routine!
Sometimes the simplest things are what keep my kids the most entertained and that’s how I remember much of my childhood as well. We don’t always have to plan elaborate outings for the kids to have a blast!
Our favorite thing to do once the weather gets nice is head to the beach! I know not everyone is lucky enough to live by the beach but if you do it’s a no-brainer! Our kids could stay at the beach ALL DAY! Not only do they love the water but they get a ton of exercise while there and they get a great social experience by meeting new people almost every time we go. It’s definitely our favorite part of summer.
Here are some other fun kids outdoor activities you can plan for your family/kids this summer…
Kids Outdoor Activities For Spring & Summer
- Head to the park for a picnic and play time. You don’t have to spend a fortune to have a great afternoon as a family. I know my daughter loves to help pack things up and get them ready so putting together lunch in a picnic basket is right up her alley.
- Have an outdoor movie night. Check your local Hulafrog for FREE movie nights. If yo’re lucky enough to live near the beach like us you can usually find weekly movie nights on the beach! Some towns have them in the park.
- Head to a Farm or Petting Zoo. Most of the local petting zoos/farms near us are very affordable and they provide hours of fun time for the whole family.
- Go fishing. Whether you live by the beach, river or a lake let your little ones learn how to fish (or crab!). By heading to Takemefishing.org you can enter your location and it will tell you the closest fishing spot and what type of species you can catch in those particular waters. Cool!
- Go for a bike ride.
- Fly Kites.
- Visit the Racetrack. Our kids love to see the horses and if you check the calendar they often have event schedules that include kids activities.
- Garden. Teaching your little ones how to grow their own fruits and veggies is a fun & educational learning experience.
- Run through the sprinklers.
- Draw with Sidewalk Chalk.
- Hula Hoop.
- Have a Scavenger Hunt.
- Blow Bubbles.
- Play athletic games – soccer, softball, basketball, wiffleball, etc.
With outdoor play comes messy, sticky, sweaty, dirt-covered kids! Half the time in summer I find myself giving baths before 4pm hits.
Whether your littles have been blowing bubbles, painting or had a long day at the beach we all know that clean-up can sometimes be a chore. With the new Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Beauty Bar in Manuka Honey post-playtime clean up is a breeze because it’s antibacterial AND moisturizing. Plus, it’s gentle enough for their sensitive skin.
Our kids love the tub/sink/anything that involves playing in water. They have a million toys and my daughter in particular loves bubbles, bath bombs, soaps, you name it – especially if it’s scented. I’m not really sure where she got it from!
When we get home from the beach we head right upstairs for bath time and our kids would play in the sink/tub for HOURS if we let them. With this beauty bar I don’t worry about their skin getting too dry after a lengthy sink play/bath because of the nourishing and moisturizing formula.
I personally love this bar for myself as well because it can be used on both your body AND your face (unlike so many other bars I’ve seen) and anything that can save me some time getting ready is a winner in my book 🙂 I’m sure I’m not the only mom who feels like she’s ALWAYS rushing! Seriously – WHY is that?! This is the ONLY bar on the market that combines the moisturizing qualities of a beauty bar with antibacterial protection.
Also – Am I the only one that’s obsessed with Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Foaming Hand Wash? It’s the only soap I ever use in each of our bathrooms. I love that the dispensers are clear (so important, I know – but it totally fits in with my minimalist style) and the formula is lightweight and non-greasy. It’s also makes it so much easier for the kids to wash their hands by themselves that way. Although – as you can see by the pic my daughter used like 1/4 of it already in one sitting because she literally played with it for a half hour LOL.
I like to try a new scent each time we refill and the pink one in the pics above is the Rose Oil. It’s the first time I purchased it and it smells so good!
While supplies last there are coupons on each pack in-store :
- Buy the Dial® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash and receive $0.75 off
- Buy the 3 pack of Dial® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Beauty Bars and get $0.75 off
- Buy the 6 pack of Dial® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Beauty Bars and get $1.00 off
I purchased both the @Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Foaming Hand Wash & Dial Complete® 2 in 1 Moisturizing & Antibacterial Foaming Hand Wash from Target and you can view via the Dial® 2 in 1 Brand Page.
Share this kids outdoor activities post via the image below!
Looking for more family/kids posts? Check here.