Marc Fisher “Adalyn” | Steve Madden “Jaylen”
This is a real thing people! Yes, I am comparing the ever so popular Marc Fisher “Adalyn” Espadrille Wedges to the Steve Madden “Jaylen” Wedges. In this post I’ll be giving you my honest opinions and thoughts about both shoes. Hopefully it will help you decide if you want to splurge or save!
I purchased the Marc Fisher “Adalyn” Wedges from Nordstrom but you can also find them at Amazon (2 day shipping with prime!) and DSW. They come in 2 colors – black and orange suede. These wedges are a fan favorite (and selling out FAST!) and for good reason (which I will explain below).
The Steve Madden “Jaylen” Wedges were purchased from DSW and were $59.95. They come in black, taupe and cognac. As of today they are still available in all sizes. They are an almost exact replica of the Marc Fisher Adalyn Wedges with some minor differences. I’ll break them down below.
Marc Fisher Adalyn
Marc Fisher Adalyn – Pros:
- They are crazy comfortable. With a shoe so high most would expect some discomfort but that is not the case with these. Overall the shoe is “high” in height however the 2″ platform makes it feel (almost) as if you are walking flat. The straps don’t dig into your ankles in an uncomfortable way and the toe opening is perfect.
- The strap appears to be made of genuine leather. This leads me to believe that they will hopefully last quite some time. Often times the straps of sandals start to fray or stretch due to the materials.
- The color options. I have these in black but I absolutely love the “orange suede” they are available in as well. Although the suede portion is a shade of orange it is a beautiful color. The strap and back are tan which still makes them neutral.
Marc Fisher Adalyn – Cons:
- The price. At $159.95 I don’t think these sandals are in the price range most are willing to spend on a “summer” shoe. I guess that would depend wear you live and how much use you might get out of them. Here in NJ we only have a few months of weather warm enough to wear these. By next season who knows if they’ll still be in style.
Steve Madden Jaylen
- The price. At $59.95 these wedges are so much more affordable then the Marc Fisher. If you get a full seasons use out of them I’d say you would be getting your moneys worth!
- The color options. All the colors available in this style are super versatile and neutral so they would be extremely easy to mix and match with any outfit.
- The platform is only 1″ and the wedge is 3 3/4. I personally still find them to be comfortable but there is a big difference between this and the 2″ platform of the Marc Fisher.
- The width of the toe opening is a bit wide. If you have narrow feet you may not like the look of your toes showing in the front. I have narrow feet and this was the first thing I noticed. However, I don’t think it’s as noticeable to others as it is to yourself so I decided to keep mine! I find that my feet do move around in these much more then they do in the Marc Fishers. They don’t fit as “snug”.
- The strap seems to be made of a faux-leather. While it does strap on tight enough I’m just hopeful that the material holds up as long as I anticipate.
Overall I personally find the Marc Fisher to be more comfortable however, I am still keeping a pair of the Steve Madden. While they aren’t AS comfortable as the Marc Fisher (mainly because I have narrow feet and they move a bit) they are still comfortable enough that I will wear them frequently.
So there you have it folks! I hope I made it a bit easier for you to decide which is the right shoe for you.
Do you have the Marc Fisher Adalyn or the Steve Madden Jaylen? What are your thoughts?
Looking for more fashion posts? Check here.