Happy New Year my friends! I don’t particularly LOVE the New Year because that just means the holiday season is over! BUT its okay because its the start of a new year which means new goals will be achieved, exciting experiences will arise and more memories will be made. I’ve never been big into New Years Resolutions but this year I have a few I would really like to stick with. Here’s my list:
- Living in the moment – I am so guilty of this. In the back of my head I’m always worried about things that need to be done – the laundry piled up on the floor, the dishes in the sink, the food shopping. It’s always something….. but it always will be. I resolve to just let them be “things” and instead enjoy the moments with my family. I’ve heard a thousand times that the days are long but the years are short and I don’t ever want to feel like I’ve stressed over menial things when I could be making memories with my babies.
- Stop yelling so much – Don’t judge. I admit I have been yelling entirely too much. With two toddlers and a husband that works as much as mine it can be mentally exhausting. To those who can keep their cool all damn day – I applaud you – but it’s not me and I’m going to work on it.
- Staying Commited to this blog – Yep. I considered documenting my next competition prep and I AM GOING TO DO IT. I am constantly asked about my diet and work outs so I am going to do my absolute best to track my experience this time around. Expect lots of broccoli and leg day whines.
- Helping others – This has become something very important to me in the last few years. We have always donated (clothes, household items) but I want to do more. One of my biggest goals is to organize meals to feed families this thanksgiving.
- Reading more books with the kids – My kids LOVE to read. Santa brought some new books for Christmas and we’ll be hitting the library more this year so we’ll have plenty to keep us busy. We’ll be busting out the books whenever boredom strikes!
Do you have any New Year Resolutions for 2017?